I loveee family recipes, they bring a taste of home and all the nostalgic feelings! My grandma and mom would make these cornflake bars all the time and I know you will love them!! The gooey chocolate and crunchy cornflakes with peanut butter will keep you reaching for more.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s only 5 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make! I’m all about a quick and easy recipe that tastes like it should be much more complicated.
1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of agave syrup
1 cup of brown sugar
7 cups of cornflakes
12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 F and grease 9×13 pan.
- Place a medium sized pot on the stove over medium heat and mix together the peanut butter, agave, and brown sugar. Let the mixture come to a low boil for 3 minutes while stirring consistently.
- Remove the pot from heat and add in the cornflakes.
- Pour mixture into greased cake pan and even out the mixture across the pan using a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cornflakes.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until chocolate chips have softened.
- Remove from the oven and spread softened chocolate chips across the bars.
- Allow bars to cool before cutting and store in airtight container (they will get hard quickly if not in an airtight container!!).